Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston, Texas
Turnkey Construction Company has over 30 years of commercial construction experience. We are looking to add a construction superintendent with a background in commercial, retail, restaurant, convenience store, and tenant finish-out projects to our team. Our projects are fast-paced remodels and ground-up construction. The ideal candidate is a well-disciplined self-starter who will take ownership of the project, has great attention to detail, and manages progress within the overall schedule.
- Provide full time, on-site construction supervision and willing to work 6 days a week or long hours as the project demands.
- Travel may apply; projects located in the Houston and Dallas Ft. Worth Areas.
- Communicate with the project team, local inspection authorities, clients, subcontractors, suppliers, public
- Present a positive public image and maintain good client relationships
- Provide direct supervision of fieldwork performed by company, owner or third-party subcontractors.
- Coordinate project schedules, deadlines, and major milestones to complete the project in a timely manner. Track the actual progress to the planned schedule
- Exercise good cost controls with general condition costs under the superintendent’s responsibility
- Identify and communicate potential client or subcontractor change events to the Project Manager
- Record daily project activities, photos, manpower attendance and progress using Procore project management software. Experience is a plus or training will be provided
- Resolve plan conflicts with actual conditions or construction issues
- Schedule, accept, inventory and offload material deliveries
- Issue Requests for Information to Project Manager
- Maintain good horizontal and vertical site controls
- Responsible for quality control and ensure all work performed complies with applicable codes
- Ensure all persons onsite are following safe work practices
- Maintain a secure, safe, and clean job site. All debris to be cleaned up and material organized daily
- Ensure the job site is open at the start of the day, closed at the end of the day, and manage job site access
- Maintain physical project documents for deliveries, packing receipts, work tickets, inspections, etc. for project archive
- Close out the job with all required permits and inspections
- A self-starter who performs quality work without direct supervision
- Work proactively and effectively as a team contributor
- Detail-oriented, punctual, and well disciplined
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must speak English. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Ability to run basic construction equipment a plus, particularly an all-terrain forklift for offloading and repositioning delivered materials
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, and other technical construction documents
- Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds climb stairs, walk or stand for long periods, squat, kneel, push and pull
- Must pass drug and background test
- Must have your own transportation
- Minimum 3-5 years of Commercial Construction Superintendent experience.
- Must have prior experience in commercial, retail, convenience stores, and tenant finish-out projects
- Well-rounded knowledge of construction practices
- Understanding of general building codes and inspection requirements
- Experience with Procore Software is a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
The Company offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including:
• Paid Time Off
Please send resume as an attachment.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
Turnkey Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an environment where each individual has equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential, and human differences are valued. We strive to provide an environment that is open and creative and inspires best efforts and results, and where cooperation and teamwork thrive along with each individuals, personal growth and contribution.