Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Job Summary: Estimator is responsible for bidding projects. This includes distribution of plans to and getting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, determining project scope and analyzing subcontractor proposals, doing quantity take-offs, compiling complete cost estimates, filling in bid tabulation forms, and other activities required to prepare cost proposals. Once awarded, this position is responsible to buyout the projects.
Candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3 years of commercial construction estimating experience
- Bachelor Degree
- Must be proficient in current estimating techniques and automation
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast-pace environment in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, and via emails
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of subcontractor companies in various areas and ability to locate/develop new subcontractors
- Must be able to read and understand drawings
- Minimum computer skills needed — Excel, Word, Outlook, FTP sites, Drop Box, etc. (experience with On Screen Take-Off is preferred)
- Must provide at least 3 job related references
Company Benefits: Health, Dental, Disability and PTO. A great work environment.
Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
Turnkey Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an environment where each individual has equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential, and human differences are valued. We strive to provide an environment that is open and creative and inspires best efforts and results, and where cooperation and teamwork thrive along with each individuals, personal growth and contribution.