Construction Bookkeeper Assistant
10777 Sandhill Rd., Dallas, Texas
Turnkey Construction Company seeks a construction bookkeeper/data entry with a minimum of (2) years of office administrative and construction industry experience. Sage accounting software, Excel, and Word experience of (1) one year required.
This individual is responsible for the following:
• Answering incoming calls for the accounting department.
• Verifying sales tax for new projects and issuing tax exempt certificates on remodel projects.
• Verifying current certificate of insurance is on file.
• Making sure supplier unconditional lien waivers are received on joint checks issued.
• Researching amounts due on statements received.
• Reconciling company credit card statements for CFO on a monthly or interim basis.
• Assist with entering/paying vendor, subcontractor and supplier invoices related to new construction and remodel construction projects.
• Assist with comparing pay applications to contract amounts on file for discrepancies.
• Assist with preparing partial and final lien waivers for subcontractors, etc. and making sure they are received back for payments made.
• Assist with adding new vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers into Sage software.
• Assist with mailing payments.
• Filing, file making and responsible for file storing.
• Assist with putting away incoming supplies.
• Light kitchen duty, coffee machine, kitchen waste bin.
• Assist with answering the front doorbell.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The position requires the following:
• One (1) year experience using Sage Software.
• Two (2) years accounting experience in construction required.
• A strong work ethic with an emphasis on attention to details.
• Strong communications skills with company employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
• Work with minimal of supervision.
• Ability to handle several projects at a time and multi-task in a sometimes fast paced environment
• Maintain a friendly disposition.
• Willingness to be a team player with a “whatever it takes” client service attitude.
The Company offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including;
• Paid Time Off
Please send resume only as an attachment in word.
Recruiters please do not respond to this ad.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
Turnkey Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an environment where each individual has equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential, and human differences are valued. We strive to provide an environment that is open and creative and inspires best efforts and results, and where cooperation and teamwork thrive along with each individuals, personal growth and contribution.